miércoles, 11 de junio de 2008

Alberto Rodríguez back on the bike

Alberto Rodríguez of Team Contentpolis-Murcia is back on the bike following a crash in the first day of the Euskal Bizikleta. The 25 year-old Spaniard came down at kilometre 110 and was taken to the Galdakano hospital for a medical check that revealed no fractures, despite bangs to his head and chest, and a cut on his eyebrow, which required stitches.

"After more scans and X-rays, and any problems being discarded, my feelings on my bike are good," indicated Rodríguez to Cyclingnews. "The only serious thing is the scar on my face, although the injuries continue to cause me some pain. But all of that does not prevent me from trying to recover the smooth pedal stroke that I had at the Euskal Bizikleta. Having had good sensations, I am interested in returning to the competition as soon as possible in order to face the national championships." The Spanish Championships will take place in Talavera de la Reina, June 28 and 29. His brother, Joaquím 'Purito' of Team Caisse d'Epargne, won the road race in 2007.

Rodríguez is also looking further into the season. "Yesterday, I received the calendar for the coming months and there are some interesting races, such as the Regio Tour. I am very excited about an intense August and, above all, to know that we will travel to Mexico and Chihuahua," Alberto Rodríguez added.

The team will not be able to contest the Vuelta a España as it was not invited. "Unipublic are fully wrong," Rodríguez continued. "Contentpolis-Murcia is proving on the road it deserves to be in Granada [the start - ed.] because our results have been very good; in addition, we have demonstrated to have ambitions and a fighting spirit, despite our youth. I hope that Unipublic will change its decision."

Courtesy by Cyclingnews' A. J. Salmerón

No hay comentarios: